HOME Auto Insurance/ Pain in Body Medical Dictionary Life Insurance How 1 to 10
Personal InjuryDebt Consolidation Medical DictionaryHOME
These driving tips are courtesy of Liberty Mutual Insurance Company.
Avoiding traffic accidents is a combination of skill and making appropriate decisions based on what is going on around you. There's a direct correlation between crash-free driving and the decisions you make and the actions you take. That's why Liberty Mutual developed Decision Driving ? a five point, action-oriented program geared toward reducing crashes:
1. Expand your look-ahead capacity. Rather than always focusing directly in front of your vehicle, glance farther down the road?where many trouble spots begin.
2. Size up the whole scene. Continually scan for bicyclist, pedestrians, construction, traffic congestion. erratic drivers and changing road conditions. Avoid staring at any object for longer than two seconds and check your mirrors every few seconds.
3. Signal your intentions early. Use your turn signals, horn and lights when appropriate. By giving advance notice of what you're planning to do, you'll encourage other drivers to make correct driving decisions.
4. Plan an escape route. Timing your passing moves Carefully, avoiding tailgating and figuring a way out of a potential problem can help you avoid a crash. Think ahead and allow yourself enough time, space and visibility to stop or maneuver smoothly.
5. Take decisive action. If you practice the first four principles, you should know what to do if a traffic emergency arises, and you'll have the time and space to do it safely. Make a decision and then do it!
Ultimately, becoming a decision driver contributes to you being a safer and, hopefully, a crash-free driver.
HOME Auto Insurance Skin Care Personal Injury Life Insurance How 1 to 10