HOME Auto Insurance/ Pain in Body Medical Dictionary Life Insurance How 1 to 10
Personal InjuryDebt Consolidation Medical DictionaryHOME
1. You have the right to enter a plea of not guilty and have a trial.
2. You have a right to be represented by your attorney throughout the trial and at all proceedings leading up to the trial.
3. If you do not have the money or means to hire an attorney, you may ask the court to appoint one for you if you meet the guidelines.
4. You are presumed innocent of the charges pending against you, and that presumption of innocence will remain with you throughout the trial until the prosecution presents evidence to prove you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
5. At the trial you have the right to confront the witnesses called to testify against you and to cross-examine those witnesses.
6. You have the right to present evidence in your own defense and to compel the attendance of witnesses by subpoenas issued by the Clerk of the Court.
7. You have the right to remain silent at the trial or testify in your own defense. If you choose to remain silent, your silence cannot be used against you.
8. If you are found guilty in a District Court, you have the right to appeal to the Circuit Court for a new trial.
HOME Auto Insurance Skin Care Personal Injury Life Insurance How 1 to 10